How To Safely Hire A Washington Roofer
At Reliable Roofing Contractors of Washington our goal is to connect home owners with pre-qualified roofing contractors. As a part of our effort to raise industry standards we would like to present you with a list of questions to ask your roofing contractors when you are interviewing them for a project.
1) Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- It is critical that you your roofer carry these credentials. If they do not have the proper insurance you will be legally responsible for any injuries that take place on your property. Ask them for a copy of their current insurance. Most contractors will not have a problem providing this information.
2) How long have you been in business?
- Industry statistics show that 80% of roofing contractors go out of business in their first few years. What does this mean to you? If a contractor is not in business they are no longer responsible for their workmanship warranty. Simply put you are not covered. When hiring a roofing contractor in Washington State you should make sure they have been in business for at least 5 years. At the 5 year mark a contractor has proven they can operate a business and have navigated through the challenges that sink many other companies.
3) Do you have a list of references from previous customers that I can call?
- There are many different types of roofing. Some contractors have crews that specialize in all types of roofing while others might lack experience with certain material types. If you are having a material such as wood shakes, metal roofing, concrete tile or slate put on your roof its very important that the potential contractor can provide you with a list of jobs that they have successfully installed with this material.
Connect With Safe Washington Roofing Contractors Today Call
Our purpose at Reliable Roofers is to connect consumers with safe, local roofing contractors. We do not charge a lead fee to our contractors as we our an industry related resource with a mission to impact our industry in a positive way. Call us today at the number above or fill out the contact form below to request free estimates from 3 pre-qualified Washington roofers.